Robert Youngquist, DDS
The best part of my profession is seeing that smile when the braces come off and knowing that I am able to make a difference in people’s lives. My motivation to become an orthodontist began at age 11 when my dentist had referred me to an orthodontist. My eye teeth looked like fangs, but after two years of orthodontic treatment, they were straight. I was not only happy to have a nice smile, but also was determined to make people proud of their smiles.
Education and Continuing Education
- Undergraduate Studies – University of Illinois, 1970
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Iowa Dental School, 1974
- Orthodontic Certificate – Loyola University, 1978
My continued education has focused on many aspects of orthodontics, from non-extraction techniques and early treatment to orthognathic surgery and treatment of TMD.
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Wisconsin Society of Orthodontists (president – 2007-08)
- Wisconsin Dental Association
- Burlington Dental Society (president – 1984 & 2002)
- Orthodontic Study Club of Wisconsin (president – 1998)
- Dental Study Club of Lake Geneva (president – 1987-90)
- Marquette University Dental School – Part-time Clinical Professor: Orthodontic Department (2003-present)
- Geneva Lake Conservancy (president: 1985-90)
- Village of Fontana (trustee: 1989-99, 2008)
- Board member of Lake Geneva Water Safety Patrol (current)
- Board member of Geneva Lake Use Committee (1990-01)
- Chairman of Fontana Elementary Facilities Study Committee
- Lake Geneva Yacht Club Board Member (2009-2010) and present
Outside the Office
My wife, Blythe, and I have three wonderful children whom we are very proud of. Allysia has her master’s degree in Architecture from the University of Illinois. She and her husband Matt have a daughter, Alexandria, and a son, River. Erick has a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and a Master of Science degree in Biology from DePaul University Chicago. Jaymie has his Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and has his Masters in Health Management Systems from Rush University Chicago, graduate 2012. When I’m not in the office or spending time with my family, I enjoy sailing, skiing, scuba diving, boating, ice boating and playing golf.